This CHILD SAFETY POLICY is designed to give you a helpful, thorough, and professional template to guide your Children's Ministry. Here are some recommendations in how to use it.
1. Read it carefully and make it your own. Change the name from "Your Church" to the actual name of your church. If you need the Word document, let us know. If you would prefer to pay someone to make the changes, we can have someone do this for you for a $25.00 fee.
2. Have your board officially adopt the statement. While this is not required legally, many churches find that a policy of this nature has better results when backed by the board.
3. Implement it. Read it and put it into place in your congregation.
4. Train your staff and teachers regarding the document. Make sure they understand it. If you would like help with this, contact Tim West.
5. Inform your parents. It is important that they know and understand a policy that affects their children.
6. Notify your insurance provider. Some companies offer a discount to churches that have a clear and enforceable protection policy.
For questions or assistance, please contact the TXM office. We are here to serve you!